Everyone was waiting for Take-Two Interactive's Q4 2026 report with bated breath, as it could have brought gamers news of a third GTA 6 delay. Luckily, that was not the case: the publisher confirmed that the November 19 date announced a full year in advance still stands.
Marketing is also still slated to begin in the Summer, though Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick customarily declined to comment any further on marketing details, reiterating that more information will come straight from the label (that is to say, Rockstar Games). For the first time, the executive also answered a direct question about the inevitable GTA 6 PC port, though he remained characteristically vague:
As you know, look, the PC market is a great market, and it is growing for console-type titles, and it is a market we serve avidly. Virtually all of our hit titles end up on all platforms over time. That said, Rockstar Games has announced GTA 6 for console only so far. We are excited about our November 19 release.
It's only a matter of when, not if. For our only hint at the PC version's launch timetable, we have to go back to February 2025, when Corsair Gaming CEO Andrew Paul told its own investors that the game would launch in early 2026 after a Fall 2025 debut on consoles. Of course, there was a year of delay, but the timetable might otherwise be similar. If so, it would be quicker than even GTA IV, which launched on console in April 2008 and came to PC in December 2008, with an 8-month gap, and far quicker than GTA V, which debuted on console in September 2013 and arrived on PC in April 2015, forcing PC gamers to wait about 19 months. Granted, Paul later retracted the claim as mere speculation on his part, but it's entirely possible he was just being coy on Take-Two's behalf.
Going back to the Q4 2026 report, Take-Two delivered a strong performance that beat analyst expectations on both top and bottom lines. Grand Theft Auto V continues its unprecedented lifecycle, officially pushing lifetime sales to nearly 230 million units to date, and Red Dead Redemption 2 also performed well, achieving 85 million units sold to date, making it the third-best-selling game in gaming history. Meanwhile, GTA Online bookings grew 5% during the quarter. In case there were any doubts, Zelnick also clarified in the earnings call that GTA Online will continue even after the launch of GTA 6:
I think to say that everyone has been pleased by the ongoing trajectory of GTA Online, Red Dead Online, the sales of GTA V, the sales of Red Dead would be a great understatement. These titles have proven to be vastly more resilient than anyone expected, and I think it’s a reflection of the quality of the work that Rockstar has done. Despite the fact that Grand Theft Auto V has been in market for 3 console generations, it continues to sell. It’s now up to 230 million units. Red Dead is up to 85 million units. We’re so extraordinarily pleased with how Rockstar’s titles have performed. It’s difficult to know exactly how Grand Theft Auto Online will do after the release of Grand Theft Auto 6, but certainly it will stay in market and certainly there are many consumers who love the title.
With the upcoming launch of GTA 6, Take-Two is setting up FY2027 as a breakout year. The company is forecasting record net bookings of $8.0 billion to $8.2 billion and GAAP net revenue of $7.9 billion to $8.1 billion. Take-Two also said it has 29 titles planned through fiscal 2029, a robust slate that will support growth beyond Rockstar's behemoth. 22 of these games will be released in fiscal years 2028 and 2028, including: 1 mobile title, 5 sports titles, 3 core new IPs, and 13 core existing IPs, including 7 sequels, 6 remakes, remasters, and platform extensions.